Holy Cow! I can’t believe that it’s been 3 months since I started on this journey. And, it’s true what they say, after doing something for 3 months it becomes a habit not something that needs to be thought about. Actually, when it comes to exercise I think I’ve been in the habit for a while. I get antsy when I don’t do my workouts as soon as I get up. I’ve found that the days that I’m procrastinating with the working out part of my day I’m more irritable and just feeling BLAH. But, if I just work out as soon as I get up I’ve found that I have a lot more energy and I’m in a generally better mood. Ahhhhh, gotta love those endorphins they are for real.
Anyway in 3 months I’ve done a lot.
- I walk at least 10,000 steps a day
- I can run for 10 minutes straight, and am working towards a 10 minute mile.
- I work out every day but Sunday, but even than I get 10,000 steps in at the least.
- At the beginning of the month I create an exercise plan for the month. It gives me a visual set of my goals for the day.
With the start of month 4 I’ve added a bit more to each day. I am ready to challenge myself a bit more.
- I make healthier food choices every day.
- I record everything that I eat
- I make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- I keep this blog to hold myself accountable, and also so I can look back and see my triumphs and struggles when I’m struggling.
- I have an actual journal that I right down what I eat and how my workouts went that day.
- I also keep track of my mood and energy level daily and compare how I’m feeling in certain situations.
I think the blogging and journaling is one of my best tools it makes me think about what’s going on with me and around me, as well as giving me time to think about my feelings at the time.
In 3 months I’ve seen my weight decrease and my body slim down.
- I’ve lost 23 pounds over the last 12 weeks.
- I’ve lost a total of 15.8 inches.
- 4.3 inches lost from my waist
- 3.5 inches from my hips
- 3.5 inches from my thighs
- 1.5 inches from my calves
- Nearly an inch from my bicep
- 2 inches from my chest
- Half an inch from my neck
- Half an inch from my forearm
My clothes are fitting better and I’m down a size as well.
Here’s to Month 4 and the next 3 month group of my journey.