I just purchased the new Fitbit Blaze. I was a big fan of the Fitbit Flex for a long time, and have tried the Garmin Vivoactive, and most recently the Withings Pop Activé.
When they announced the new Fitbit Blaze I fell in love it had the smart watch capabilities and multi-activity that I loved about the Garmin, but this also has the built in heart rate monitoring, which the Garmin doesn’t have. Although, I guess there is a new Garmin coming out with wrist heart rate monitoring, but I haven’t seen it yet.
I just got the Blaze today it is currently charging so I’ve yet to test it out. I like that you have the ability to change the bands and even get leather or steel bands that will make it a bit more dressier. I’ve found that this is a big problem with fitness trackers they break up an outfit pretty easily. If I like the Blaze after giving it a test for a while I will definitely be picking up a higher end band to wear on days where I’m at work and running around. I’ll still be taking it off and putting on the nice watch when I’m going out, but it’ll be nice to have a nice looking band to go with my business attire.
I can’t wait to put this Fitbit to the test and I’m pretty excited about it which will definitely help with my motivation factor to get out and move more. It’s all about getting up and moving. I really need to do that and I want to start run training and by run training I mean fat man jog training but it’s a start.
Also I like the fact that they’ve incorporated FitStar into their device as well and so now there is no excuse not to workout wherever you are. I like FotStar a lot so I think I’ll get a lot of use out of this feature as well.
I’ll let you all know in a few weeks what I think of the new Fitbit Blaze. But, I’m sure I’ll be addicted as anything again to the Fitbit and my steps as I once was before.
Blaze is charging
Blaze band, I’ll be gettig a nicer one if I like it to wear to work.
So, as you may know if you’ve been following this blog for a while I had a Fitbit. And, to say I was addicted to it was a bit of an understatement.
However, I’ve moved on. Sorry Fitbit but I found a new fitness device.
About a month ago I purchased the Garmin Vivoactive and well let me just say I love it.
Here it is on my wrist. People think it’s an Apple Watch all of the time. And, I sure did want the Apple Watch for a bit but then I looked at the limitations. You can’t get it wet and needs to be charged daily. Well great that’s just not working so well for me.
Shortly after getting my Fitbit Garmin had released there first Vivo tracker. And, I was like Doh! It has some features that the Fitbit didn’t have. But, I had just purchased the Fitbit and stuck with it. And, like I said I was fitbitten, I was addicted to the thing.
However, I am in love with my vivoactive. The charge lasts anywhere from 7-10 days you can get it wet and has lots of cool features.
Let’s talk about some of my favorite features.
- The move bar. I love this feature that Garmin has incorporated into their trackers. This was one of the things I loved about them. It reminds you to get up and move if you’ve been sedentary for to long.
- Tracks multiple activities
- Indoor treadmill running
- Indoor treadmill walking
- Indoor cycling
- It adjusts your daily step goal based on what you’ve done in the past so it pushes you a little bit further every day.
- There are also other apps that you can download to measure other activities such as downhill skiing, rowing, and even sailing. I’m excited to try out the skiing one this winter.
- You can download widgets to give you weather information, calendar, timers, and even stock information.
- They have plenty of data fields to help track your progress from heart rate charts, to cadence, speed, and elevation.
- And, hey if you don’t like the watch face you have you can change it. There are tons of different faces to choose from. I have one that is great to show my fitness info but I also have another face that’s plain so that I can change it so it looks a little less fitness tracker like.
- Also there are multiple band colors you can get. I have the white and also a pink band that I have yet to try. They also have leather straps so it can look a bit nicer. I haven’t bought one yet because well I’d ruin it. I didn’t get t for fashion reasons but to track activity.
- The one thing that this is missing is the heart rate monitoring on the wrist. But, it’s not that big of a deal. You can purchase the chest strap heart rate monitor. And, well I was pretty sure I’d hate it, but I purchased the comfort fit monitor and I don’t even realize that it is on. And, it reads my heart rate continuously unlike the wrist tracking ones do.
- So yeah I’m loving this product. I’m so happy with this purchase.
- Oh and you can also do some fun things with the vivoactive. I have an app that finds my car, I used this at concert it’s amazing, and another favorite app is heavenward where it’ll show me the constellations and planets over head of me right this second.
So if you’re looking for a fitness tracker with a little bit more I highly recommend the Garmin vivoactive.