So, as you may know if you’ve been following this blog for a while I had a Fitbit. And, to say I was addicted to it was a bit of an understatement.
However, I’ve moved on. Sorry Fitbit but I found a new fitness device.
About a month ago I purchased the Garmin Vivoactive and well let me just say I love it.
Here it is on my wrist. People think it’s an Apple Watch all of the time. And, I sure did want the Apple Watch for a bit but then I looked at the limitations. You can’t get it wet and needs to be charged daily. Well great that’s just not working so well for me.
Shortly after getting my Fitbit Garmin had released there first Vivo tracker. And, I was like Doh! It has some features that the Fitbit didn’t have. But, I had just purchased the Fitbit and stuck with it. And, like I said I was fitbitten, I was addicted to the thing.
However, I am in love with my vivoactive. The charge lasts anywhere from 7-10 days you can get it wet and has lots of cool features.
Let’s talk about some of my favorite features.
- The move bar. I love this feature that Garmin has incorporated into their trackers. This was one of the things I loved about them. It reminds you to get up and move if you’ve been sedentary for to long.
- Tracks multiple activities
- Indoor treadmill running
- Indoor treadmill walking
- Indoor cycling
- It adjusts your daily step goal based on what you’ve done in the past so it pushes you a little bit further every day.
- There are also other apps that you can download to measure other activities such as downhill skiing, rowing, and even sailing. I’m excited to try out the skiing one this winter.
- You can download widgets to give you weather information, calendar, timers, and even stock information.
- They have plenty of data fields to help track your progress from heart rate charts, to cadence, speed, and elevation.
- And, hey if you don’t like the watch face you have you can change it. There are tons of different faces to choose from. I have one that is great to show my fitness info but I also have another face that’s plain so that I can change it so it looks a little less fitness tracker like.
- Also there are multiple band colors you can get. I have the white and also a pink band that I have yet to try. They also have leather straps so it can look a bit nicer. I haven’t bought one yet because well I’d ruin it. I didn’t get t for fashion reasons but to track activity.
- The one thing that this is missing is the heart rate monitoring on the wrist. But, it’s not that big of a deal. You can purchase the chest strap heart rate monitor. And, well I was pretty sure I’d hate it, but I purchased the comfort fit monitor and I don’t even realize that it is on. And, it reads my heart rate continuously unlike the wrist tracking ones do.
- So yeah I’m loving this product. I’m so happy with this purchase.
- Oh and you can also do some fun things with the vivoactive. I have an app that finds my car, I used this at concert it’s amazing, and another favorite app is heavenward where it’ll show me the constellations and planets over head of me right this second.
So if you’re looking for a fitness tracker with a little bit more I highly recommend the Garmin vivoactive.