Today starts my 5th month since I decided to make a change in my life. A change to be healthier, fitter, leaner, and more active. I can’t believe 4 months have sailed by already, and yet it also seems like a lifetime ago that I decided to make a change.
This past month has seen lots of challenges for me. My husband was home for some of the month which caused for some changes and adjustments in my workout routine, I went away for the weekend which again caused some adjustments to my plans, and of course I’ve been battling a respiratory infection that seems to want to hold on. Even, with these situations coming up,I’ve been able to keep going, and making sure to get my workouts in even if they had to change from what was originally planned, and I’m continuing to make healthier food choices.
This past month I’ve lost another 5 inches, which brings my total inches lost 21. That’s pretty awesome, I’m down 2 pants sizes, and everything is definitely fitting me better. This month the number on the scale hasn’t really moved much, which is a bit discouraging, but I know I’m getting leaner because I’m still losing inches. I’ve lost a total of 25 pounds over the last 4 months, which is nothing to be upset about. That’s a lot of weight, and I know that I didn’t put the weight on over night so it’s not going to come off over night. I need to be patient, not lose focus, and keep working. The weight will come off it’s just going to take time and hard work, both are something I have and can do.
I’ve made it through 4 months and know that I have a lifetime in me.
This week has been a productive week. The husband came home and I’ve still continued to eat within my meal plan, and do all of my planned exercise. I’ve had to adjust my workouts and times doing them a little this week, but it’s been an eye opener for me to know that even with the change in plan I still find a way to get it done.
I’m a little disappointed because this week I didn’t see a change on the scale, but I know that I’m losing inches so I’m becoming healthier and fitter even if the scale isn’t moving. I’m hoping that I can get the metabolism going this week and see a change in the scale next week. I am not going to let this discourage me that’s for sure. I like this new me that works out and has more energy. I may not always want to start the workout, but once I start I’m in it and glad that I’ve done it.
And, now for the stats:
- 87,139 steps
- 12,016 daily average steps – up 12% from last week!
- 21,165 calories burned
- 3,018 daily average calories burned
- 38.28 miles
- 5.29 daily average miles
- 7 hours and 32 minutes of very active activity
- 62 minutes daily average of active activity
- 10,419 calorie deficit
Even though the number on the scale didn’t change my stats are looking pretty awesome, and I know that I’ve been working hard and will continue to do so.
Holy Cow! I can’t believe that it’s been 3 months since I started on this journey. And, it’s true what they say, after doing something for 3 months it becomes a habit not something that needs to be thought about. Actually, when it comes to exercise I think I’ve been in the habit for a while. I get antsy when I don’t do my workouts as soon as I get up. I’ve found that the days that I’m procrastinating with the working out part of my day I’m more irritable and just feeling BLAH. But, if I just work out as soon as I get up I’ve found that I have a lot more energy and I’m in a generally better mood. Ahhhhh, gotta love those endorphins they are for real.
Anyway in 3 months I’ve done a lot.
- I walk at least 10,000 steps a day
- I can run for 10 minutes straight, and am working towards a 10 minute mile.
- I work out every day but Sunday, but even than I get 10,000 steps in at the least.
- At the beginning of the month I create an exercise plan for the month. It gives me a visual set of my goals for the day.
Month 4 Workout Program
With the start of month 4 I’ve added a bit more to each day. I am ready to challenge myself a bit more.
- I make healthier food choices every day.
- I record everything that I eat
- I make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- I keep this blog to hold myself accountable, and also so I can look back and see my triumphs and struggles when I’m struggling.
- I have an actual journal that I right down what I eat and how my workouts went that day.
- I also keep track of my mood and energy level daily and compare how I’m feeling in certain situations.
I think the blogging and journaling is one of my best tools it makes me think about what’s going on with me and around me, as well as giving me time to think about my feelings at the time.
In 3 months I’ve seen my weight decrease and my body slim down.
- I’ve lost 23 pounds over the last 12 weeks.
- I’ve lost a total of 15.8 inches.
- 4.3 inches lost from my waist
- 3.5 inches from my hips
- 3.5 inches from my thighs
- 1.5 inches from my calves
- Nearly an inch from my bicep
- 2 inches from my chest
- Half an inch from my neck
- Half an inch from my forearm
My clothes are fitting better and I’m down a size as well.
Still have a long ways to go but the results of the hard work I’m doing is sure paying off, and I can see the results. Dedication and perserverance will make it all worth it in the end.
Here’s to Month 4 and the next 3 month group of my journey.