As of today I have lost 30 pounds since July 5th. I shouldn’t say lost because I sure the heck don’t want to find them again. But, either way they are gone and will stay gone.
I was pretty happy to see a 3 pound loss this week as the last couple of weeks I was only losing 10ths of a pound. Don’t get me wrong a loss is a loss and I will gladly take it, but I like when it’s at least a whole pound.
Another thing about losing 3 pounds this week is I was gone all Labor Day weekend and eating out. I am so proud of myself and the choices I made while eating out. I forgo things I would choose and not care about the calorie and nutrition content. Now I weigh my options and pick the best. I think this eating whole and healthy is starting to stick with me.
So, it goes to show that you can eat out and enjoy life and still lose weight as long as you think about what you’re eating and watch your portion sizes. I have definitely become way more aware of what I am eating and how it affects my body.
Today starts my 5th month since I decided to make a change in my life. A change to be healthier, fitter, leaner, and more active. I can’t believe 4 months have sailed by already, and yet it also seems like a lifetime ago that I decided to make a change.
This past month has seen lots of challenges for me. My husband was home for some of the month which caused for some changes and adjustments in my workout routine, I went away for the weekend which again caused some adjustments to my plans, and of course I’ve been battling a respiratory infection that seems to want to hold on. Even, with these situations coming up,I’ve been able to keep going, and making sure to get my workouts in even if they had to change from what was originally planned, and I’m continuing to make healthier food choices.
This past month I’ve lost another 5 inches, which brings my total inches lost 21. That’s pretty awesome, I’m down 2 pants sizes, and everything is definitely fitting me better. This month the number on the scale hasn’t really moved much, which is a bit discouraging, but I know I’m getting leaner because I’m still losing inches. I’ve lost a total of 25 pounds over the last 4 months, which is nothing to be upset about. That’s a lot of weight, and I know that I didn’t put the weight on over night so it’s not going to come off over night. I need to be patient, not lose focus, and keep working. The weight will come off it’s just going to take time and hard work, both are something I have and can do.
I’ve made it through 4 months and know that I have a lifetime in me.
Holy Cow! I can’t believe that it’s been 3 months since I started on this journey. And, it’s true what they say, after doing something for 3 months it becomes a habit not something that needs to be thought about. Actually, when it comes to exercise I think I’ve been in the habit for a while. I get antsy when I don’t do my workouts as soon as I get up. I’ve found that the days that I’m procrastinating with the working out part of my day I’m more irritable and just feeling BLAH. But, if I just work out as soon as I get up I’ve found that I have a lot more energy and I’m in a generally better mood. Ahhhhh, gotta love those endorphins they are for real.
Anyway in 3 months I’ve done a lot.
- I walk at least 10,000 steps a day
- I can run for 10 minutes straight, and am working towards a 10 minute mile.
- I work out every day but Sunday, but even than I get 10,000 steps in at the least.
- At the beginning of the month I create an exercise plan for the month. It gives me a visual set of my goals for the day.
Month 4 Workout Program
With the start of month 4 I’ve added a bit more to each day. I am ready to challenge myself a bit more.
- I make healthier food choices every day.
- I record everything that I eat
- I make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- I keep this blog to hold myself accountable, and also so I can look back and see my triumphs and struggles when I’m struggling.
- I have an actual journal that I right down what I eat and how my workouts went that day.
- I also keep track of my mood and energy level daily and compare how I’m feeling in certain situations.
I think the blogging and journaling is one of my best tools it makes me think about what’s going on with me and around me, as well as giving me time to think about my feelings at the time.
In 3 months I’ve seen my weight decrease and my body slim down.
- I’ve lost 23 pounds over the last 12 weeks.
- I’ve lost a total of 15.8 inches.
- 4.3 inches lost from my waist
- 3.5 inches from my hips
- 3.5 inches from my thighs
- 1.5 inches from my calves
- Nearly an inch from my bicep
- 2 inches from my chest
- Half an inch from my neck
- Half an inch from my forearm
My clothes are fitting better and I’m down a size as well.
Still have a long ways to go but the results of the hard work I’m doing is sure paying off, and I can see the results. Dedication and perserverance will make it all worth it in the end.
Here’s to Month 4 and the next 3 month group of my journey.